Untitled [Mt Peel Station]
Macmillan Brown Library - Te Puna Rakahau o Macmillan Brown, University of Canterbury, reference: UC/MBL/0788
Artist: [Leonard Stowe], 1837 - 1920
Date of work: 1873
Collection: Macmillan Brown Library Sub Collection
Media: Watercolour on paper.
Brief description: Landscape, View of Mt Peel Station and Upper Rangitata.
Dimensions: Actual - 221 x 347 mm
Additional information: The Church at Mount Peel Station was built in 1868. Named ‘The Church of the Holy Innocents’ in memory of the four young children buried there between 1864-1869, it was designed by William Brassington and constructed using locally quarried stone. Inside the church is a plaque in memory to Acland’s life long friend George Tripp. The church was also consecrated by Emily Acland’s father, Bishop Harper in 1869.